| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,367 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 1,602 | If you have not drilled holes yet: I suggest you look for the mounting support brace under the cab/cowl.
When I took my west coast mirrors off to install the long single arm mirrors, I found the braces under the metal had been filed in with "bondo." i popped out the bondo and mounted the single long arms with the braces as it came from the factory. No new holes were needed! I have a 1951 so yours might be a little different. But it s worth looking before drilling...
BTW: I have those long mirror arms inplace for over four years and they have not come loose. Now I did slip once while waxing the top of the cab and nearly broke my neck falling and`catching myself on the drivers mirror arm. I had to readjust that one as it moved. | | |
| |
| |