I checked around on bearing prices...the complete bearing/race combo is pretty expensive here - running $60-70 (National KD11786Y), local bearing house won't sell national (offshore sources apparently and cheapo), they sell Timken - parts 388A (bearing) $27 and 382 (race) $17 so the individual parts are cheaper. Pinion seal (41133ON) is just under $16.
Rockauto has the 388A at $17.74, and the 382 at 10.80. The 41133ON is 9.68. But shipping to Canada is $35.19 and they want 9.68 for taxes up front. I'll go local.
I'm going to try to set up the rear end myself with the help of brother in law who is a truck mechanic. I've got a good dial indicator for backlash, I'll have to find some die for teeth contact for setting pinion depth. If I run into trouble the local truck repair shop said they would help with the final adjustment if we can't get it set up properly. Manual looks pretty straightforward tho and I've got a couple books on tooth contact patterns.
Funny, local truck shop doesn't call them Eaton rear ends or HO52 or HO72, they just call them GM read ends.