Originally Posted by wbrowne
Are you SURE the tubular strut rods face FORWARD?

My mistake wbrowne, you're quite correct.

It was a while back since the IFS was installed.
The memory has gone a bit fuzzy.

The guy I paid good $$$ to intall my front end 'took it upon himself' to install the strut rods facing forward.(WRONG!)
They in fact hit the steering arms when the suspension compressed,never mind a sway bar.....
Which also meant I couldn't align the front without removing the strut rods to allow the tie rod ends to be dropped out and rotated.
Kind of defeats the purpose.....
(Needless to say,I no longer use his services)

Can you say dangerous?

I since reversed them to the position they are today.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 03/09/2011 10:46 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.