Originally Posted by RyanT99
Ive decided that when I fit them I will go for just some lap belts, After looking at where the top part would be mountiing with a shoulder belt and the amount of reinforcing I would feel it would comfortably need ( too stop it pulling out) I didnt think it would be worth it. If you mount an over the seat sshoulder strap mounted too the floor also the force on this belt will be a direct pull upwards trying too rip it through the floor (also not Ideal ).

This is faulty logic. You are assuming that any crash you get into will be enough to rip metal. I'd venture to guess that most "fender benders" are not of sufficient strength to rip the bolts out. Even a low speed crash will put your face into the steering wheel with no belts.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.