This is faulty logic. You are assuming that any crash you get into will be enough to rip metal. I'd venture to guess that most "fender benders" are not of sufficient strength to rip the bolts out. Even a low speed crash will put your face into the steering wheel with no belts.
Fraid not its science in a 30 mph crash G's=.0333 (M.P.H. X M.P.H.) / Distance
So
G = .0333 x 30 x 30 / 1/2ft. I'll presume that the head-on collision still allowed you to travel 1/2 Foot more. in a not very safe and secure way
G = .0333 x 30 x 30 x .5 = 14.985 g meaning me at 300lbs will exert a force
of 4495.5 lbs quite enough too rip out a poorly mounted seat belt. I am not endorsing Not wearing seat belts but rather if you do install them do them correctly.
Cletis I value Your input and advice and know how much engineering we used too put into seat belt mounting points on Landrovers and Rover cars, I ve also bought cars that where retro fitted and not in a safe secure way
Gee, must be an engineer........
Its easy to settle this, get on a bicycle, pedal as hard as you can, and you won't reach 30 mph but close enough, now veer into a concrete wall, tell me how that feels.
Assuming any crash you get into is going to be 30 mph or less is false logic, non-collapsible steering columns, and steel header panels are gonna hurt, but the biggest factor is seatbelts will keep you inside the vehicle, which either a lap or shoulder belt will do, but its gonna be a bumpy ride, imagine getting t-boned, and the doors flinging open, 30 mph or not its gonna be a rough ride.
I would go with three point belts, and for gosh sakes make sure the seat is well anchored and the back is locked and can't tilt forward !