Thanks for all the info guys. I am having the engine rebuilt and the flywheel resurfaced. Once I get all the stuff back I will pull the 216 and match up the flywheel and clutch assembly from each to see what fits best. Then I can buy a new clutch kit at that size/design.
I am replacing the water pump anyway since I do not want to trust my newly rebuilt engine to a 50+ year old water pump.
The harmonic balance is junk so I need a new one of those as well.
I have posted some new pics of the clutch kit that came with the 54 235...I am not sure if these look right to me. This looks like the clutch cover for a 216. It would not be the first thing the guy I bought it from was wrong about but I am not the clutch expert.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2399189850083206947RFgsSKhttp://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2828004190083206947qodsHd