tracern1....as already mentioned there are several options to yoru situation. I have a small block in my 52panel and decided to put a power steering box on mine outside the chassis and toward the front. I bought a reman mid seventies Saginaw box from Advance Auto ($116) a kit containing the steering arm,drag link and bracket/bolts from Classic Parts ($99) and installed it on my truck per the instructions that came with it. Instructions were good. Then I bought a section of double "D" shaft and two universal joints ($90) and attached it all. It works nice and the steering box is outside the chassic. I did cut a small section out of the inner fender for the double D shaft to go through and a nice round hole for one of the power steering hoses to go through. OH...and you'll need a pitman are which is not cheap. Most want about $65 for one. I used one off a 1969 Buick Skylark and there are several more that will work.

Hope all this helps you in some way to make the best decision for you. Oh, there are some photos of it in my my photo bucket if you want to take a look.

Alvin


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile