I read a story about how the yellow fog lights came into being. It included names and dates, but I can't remember the specifics. It was in the earley days of road course raceing(in another country). A heavey fog had rolled in causeing a lot of trouble for the racers. It was too dark to run without head lights, but the light was glareing off the fog. One of the racers pulled over and grabbed some newspaper, which in that country at the time was printed on yellow paper, wet it on the road, and stuck it to his head lights. The newspaper simply dimmed the head lights. He won the race, and racers started coloring there head lights yellow after that for foggy conditions. If this story is true, it means yellow fog lights have no basis in science. I believe it is the location of the fog light, not the color.