Hello All,

I have been following the threads on the T5 and was discussing a swap with a friend of mine and he gave me a 1352-033 T5 out of an S10. This has the 4.03 1st gear and the 0.86 OD. I was hoping on getting a little bit higher of a 1st and OD, namely the 3.761st and .73OD, but for free you can't really argue.

I was wondering if anybody knows if I can swap the 1st and overdrive and keep the rest of the gear set, or am I going to have to buy an entire gear set for a T5 if I really want to this?

The tranny is going behing a 235 in my 53 half-ton which has the open driveline pumpkin already installed and geared at 3.90. I actually am more concerned with 1st being too low and having to start in 2nd, which might be too high at 2.35. The OD isn't as much as I would want but with 30in tires and a 3.90 I think I could do 70 at about 2450 RPM, which I think is okay for a 235. What are your guys thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
54Monster