Same question. I have a newer 283 that does not have the Draft tube in the rear. it use to have the oil filler and PCV in the side valve cover.

But I wanted to make it look more orignal and put on an older intake manifold and older Chevrolet script valve covers.

Now I have the oil filler tube in front with a vented cap and ran a PCV to the back of the carb but it currently gets the blowby just through a really small hole through the bolt holding the Coil bracket on. That bolt hole goes all the way thru the intake manafold. So I was hoping it would pull presurized air and blow by from the area and would work for me.

But I think that is too small of a hole.

I do not dare bore a hole through the flat spot where the draft tube should go as it is in the block not the intake manafold.

I was wondering if I should just route the PCV hose up the the oil filler tube and fasten some nipple onto the side or rear of the oil filler tube?

Would that work better of would that just suck clean air from the filler tube vent and not help clean the engine?

What is a good way to get the correct function in my current setup?

I have seen some people attach a hose to the rear end of a valve cover but they had some fancy metal work to ack as a baffle insde the valve cover and all.

My truck is an orignal V8 truck but the engine was apparently replaced with a newer 283 at some point in its past.