I've had an interesting turn of events. I have a 97 Dodge in our fleet with 5 spd and 4:11 gearing that after 1 month in the field, the guys have burnt the clutch out on. I pulled the Trans. and now am thinking of using that in my 51, and putting the non-OD trans from my 90 Dodge diesel donor truck back into the 97 thereby eliminating the problem of guys who do not know how to drive standard trans. With 4:11 diff, that will make the truck peppy, but no top end. Soooooo - I am thinking I will use the Dodge diff in my 51, and replace the other with an axle that is available with 3:73 (approx) gearing. Because of the width of the Dodge axle, I couldn't use wheel adapters to go to 22.5 wheels, so I would need to change the hubs. Has anyone ever converted the Dodge (Dana 80) and been able to go to 22.5 wheels???

Also, I appreciate the links for the import info. If I find anything I will post it for sure.

I found a guy who has several Isuzu NPR front axles that he will sell for $250 ea if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Groovingraves; 12/23/2010 9:21 PM.

51 Chevy 2-Ton Flatbed, 6bt Cummins Non-Intercooled Diesel, Old Smokey Power Pin, Airdog Fuel Prep/Pump, Non-Overdrive (727) Transmission w/ Gear Vendor (6 spd w/ overdrive), 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 wheel airbags over leaf suspension, Power Steering.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=98921&id=1387640733&l=9fbb8b2d87

49 GMC Tractor w/ Sleeper ready for restoration.