Hey guys, I think I can use the Isuzu npr front axle (74" o.s. tire to o.s tire). I will have to make an adapter to mount the springs to the axle. What I like with this setup, is that if I lift the truck about 3 inches I will clear the fender well when turning with plenty of room, and still not be outside the wheel well. And I won't have to cut the ibeam axle. The extra width should help with turning radius and room in the engine compartment (which it looks like I will need to widen to fit the Cummins 6BT into). I should be able to use the Isuzu's power steering box as well.

The problem I am having is finding specs on the npr's wheels, or trying to find them in 22.5's. I would appreciate any info you may have on that. I don't mind staying with the 6 lug as long as I can run the bigger wheels in something that will look similar to the rear wheels.

For the rear I am looking at an Eaton (I will share the specs when I have my notepad with me) with pilot centered 10 lug wheels, disc brakes, and 4:11 gearing. It has square tubes and should be easy enough to mount the spring perches on. I would share pics but haven't found a way to add them here.



51 Chevy 2-Ton Flatbed, 6bt Cummins Non-Intercooled Diesel, Old Smokey Power Pin, Airdog Fuel Prep/Pump, Non-Overdrive (727) Transmission w/ Gear Vendor (6 spd w/ overdrive), 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 wheel airbags over leaf suspension, Power Steering.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=98921&id=1387640733&l=9fbb8b2d87

49 GMC Tractor w/ Sleeper ready for restoration.