Howdy Y'all from Alabama! I've always wanted a 64-66 truck, and thanks to craigslist, I got my chance. I got a 65 longbed with a later model 6 (integral head--yuck) hitched to a turbo 400 all for the low low price of $500. It runs and shifts like a top, and I drove it about 60 miles at night home! The down side is the usual rot, bondo everywhere, and super dangerous steering. I just got the steering column out and will be looking for one out of a 67-72 or a 70's van. I've got question that I haven't been able to find the answer to by searching this and other sites. The truck has disc brakes in the front, but it is still 6 lug. I know you can put a later front end under one, but everything I have found says they changed to 5 lug with the discs. The A arms have grease fittings in the bushings which leads me to believe that it could be no later than a 72. I guess it could be an aftermarket kit, but judging by the redneck engineering on the rest of the truck, I doubt it. Also, what about a steering box junkyard swap? what will work without much work (I want to stay manual)? Anyone got any ideas?