I am new to the forum and I just purchased a 1951 2-ton that I plan on transplanting a cummins diesel into. I first want to upgrade the drivetrain and steering before doing the diesel install. I found the article in Tech Tips about doing the P-30 swap which is the way I am looking at going. The only area that still seems uncertain is the power steering upgrade. (I did a search under "power steering" and didn't come up with anything) Can anyone give any advise, or point me in the right direction for this? I found a late 60 or early 70's C4500 that has factory power steering that would require me to cut the inside fender well to mount the box on the outside of the frame further forward. Has anyone tried this? Any info would be appreciated.
51 Chevy 2-Ton Flatbed, 6bt Cummins Non-Intercooled Diesel, Old Smokey Power Pin, Airdog Fuel Prep/Pump, Non-Overdrive (727) Transmission w/ Gear Vendor (6 spd w/ overdrive), 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 wheel airbags over leaf suspension, Power Steering.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=98921&id=1387640733&l=9fbb8b2d8749 GMC Tractor w/ Sleeper ready for restoration.