Amen Denny. I think somewhere my question was mis-understood.
First off there is really nothing to the valve. I have it apart, cleaned up ect ect ect.
I simply noted that on Denny's model he can see down into the tube as he pulled his rubber seal off and also the little metal "washer" looking piece under it. On MY valve you cannot do this. Once you pull the rubber seal off thats it. There is nothing else to pull out so you can't see down into the tube.
I just simply wanted to verify the two different ones. Which Honestly there is no need to as I can dang well SEE the difference.
DADS50.... you have what I have. The pic you posted above, with the wire holding the little rod, is like mine. You cannot see down in the tube like Denny can on his.
Denny, you are right. The little "metal valve or shut off" or what ever its called will not totally shut the water off. DADS50, if you take that wire off and let the rod drop down in the tube....then look through the end where the heater hose attaches you can see the little wiggle metal "valve" that comes up and shuts the water off. No way can it be a tight shut off. Close but no cigars. Then just shake it a few times and you can get the rod back through the hole!!
I did notice someone has been in my valve before....because if you let the rod drop down where you can see the end of the wiggle valve piece,you will notice 3 little "prongs" or octoupus arms, slanted up at angle which helps guide the shut off valve up into its seat. Well, two of mine were bent out because someone, sometime, had taken it apart and forcefully pulled up on the rod, catching the little prongs and bending them. Then no way in hell will the water ever even get close to shutting off!!
I used a dentist pick/tool and reached in and at least bent them back up where the valve could go all the way up into the seat.
For those of you who haven't taken one apart, like mine, you may not understand but like Denny said, these things are really simple. If in doubt just put you a "mark" on all pieces so you can put it back together. I would have taken pics myself but whats the use. Denny and Woody have covered with pics better than I can do. I believe Woodys to be like mine. The tabs are easy to except the ones that hold the actual valve to the plate. Mine have a little "curve" to them and were a LITTLE aggravating. If you have the right "little" tool its easy.
Whew, man, we should all be able to stand and give a 20 minute tutorial on Ranco valves after all this!!!!