| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,139 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#69423 12/04/2006 6:09 AM | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 200 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 200 | Originally posted by Fla54Chevy3100: From my own personal experience on a 54-3100 with CCP's front discs and Caramo Borg-Warner discs on the rear, I found that a mid 70's Corvette MANUAL disc/disc master with Wilwood residual valves and adjustable proportioning valve ($39. from Summit Racing) gave me all the predictable braking I needed. Have built trucks using a power booster with a disc/disc combo I prefer the manual setup. I think the key to getting good braking performance is directly related to using the adjustable valve....which lets you dial in your own braking preferences. It eliminates potential bleeding problems that come from trying to adapt a "junkyard" prop valve. I can adjust my brake bias from inside the cab.
I've got some pics of my setup in my album. I hope this helps. Fla54Chevy3100-Are you also combining that system with a hydraulic switch to form a combination valve? | | |
| |
| |