Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Do you trust your friend? Any receipts? Any warrantee? If he is willing to let you put it in and start it then I'd think it was a good deal. As I understand it the friend rebuilt and it has not been run.
Let us know what happens... but yes, I'd go with the 292 if possible. I remember having those in our school buses back in the mid 60's and they are killer engines....and I've seen quite a few on the round dirt tracks back in them days to. Tough ones.
I dont know they guy found it online locally he has all the parts for it and it looks to be nice in the pics he sent im going too look at it in person tomorrow im sure ill but it if it turns over freely and looks clean inside etc


Stovebolt CHEVROLET
1949 Chevrolet Suburban
Non stovebolt CHEVROLET
1958 Impala Convertible
1963 Impala Convertible
MY 1949 SUBURBAN
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/bigtony55/B3Le4kQmkKGrHqQOKkIEyOD6OnQjBMlR5ZKJng_121.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/bigtony55/B3LfyCQEWkKGrHqEOKkEEyNoRGLUBMlR8HrYzg_121.jpg