I currently have a seized up /cracked block 216 in my 1950 3/4 ton. I have my eye on a 1954 235 truck engine with all the speed equip... dual carb. intake, dual exhaust headers, alum. valve covers. I also have a friend who has several 292s which he keeps trying to sell me. I would put an a833 out of 1984 chevy truck behind the 235 and a Camero 5spd behind the 292.(both with a more modern rear end) I am trying to figure out which way to go.
When the truck is done I want to be able to drive it anywhere with out worry. (not looking of an interstate speed-demon though) I will be pulling a trailer from time to time as well.
I don't want to have to cut or heavily modify anything under the hood. I like the originality and old look of the 235 and power of the 292.
How difficult is the 292 swap? Will the 235 be fine?
Last edited by Conductacator; 10/15/2010 5:59 PM.