Thanks for the incouragement Bendr, I'll sneak up on it. I'm not a big fan of filler as a substitute for working the metal. Since I'm retired and not doing this to put bread on the table I can afford to take as much time as it takes to do it right. I've worked with lead and prefer it to bondo if I need to level it a bit, especially in an area like this with short compound curves where there isn't much worry about warpage.
Never used the studs in body work but it seems that just using a slide hammer to slam out a low spot would localize the the pressure and create a bunch of bumps. Seems like it would be better to hook the stud and put steady pull pressure on the low spot while you bumped the high spot.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 10/09/2010 8:27 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL