I've got a 53 truck in original condition (http://www.nelsonorgel.se/en/om/truck.html)with a few small problems. One of the small problems is a cracked block, just a little crack on the driver's side where the oil line runs through. It leaks a few drops of coolant but otherwise runs just fine, but I expect that sooner or later I've got some work to do. I've tried a number of sealants without success. Some local motorheads say I might get this crack welded, others say no. I think it is a shame to replace the original engine. Anyway, here is a specific question: I rebuilt the head a year ago, new valves and seats, the engine runs like a clock. I am tempted if I have to replace the motor to go with the 235, but I wouldn't mind keeping the head from the 216. I expect this is a stupid question, but is it possible to use the head from the 216 on a 235? Any other bright ideas about how to nurse my old 216 along? So far I have no problems with coolant in the oil.
I've gotten great advice here before, looking forward to some more! Anyone got an old 216 block they want to send me?


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe