If you do a search, using "tank" as a "subject line" search you will find this is a often debated topic here on the bolt.

Fact is there are legit reasons to move the tank, that is why many choose to put a tank in the rear of the frame.

But moving the tank is a personal thing. I moved mine for the room I gained behind the seat and I feel it is safer not having the tank in the cab. If you would like to see how I did it check out my build thread below.

Do whatever makes you happy, and that will be the right decision.

Good luck!

Last edited by Hot Rod John; 09/25/2010 12:33 AM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.