Steve, the previous owner removed a lot of the fire truck stuff and tried making an 18 foot roll off car hauler out of it. He did a lot of work on it and did some excellent welding, but he had too much over hang on the back. He was planning on putting an air compressor where the pump was. He had it on Craigslist for a long time with no pictures. He finally managed to send me a cell phone picture on a Saturday. I jumped on the first plane to Kansas City Sunday morning, drove down to Marshfield and bought it. I was on the first flight out of Kansas City the next morning. The fire truck bed is coming off. I am leaning toward putting my 525 Holmes wrecker on it and making a truck tractor out of the the truck that now has the wrecker. I have a 60 year old drop deck trailer that would look good behind a tractor. I have a 20 foot tilting car hauler with a 16k winch and I don't need a roll back.
Billy, the tandem cutoff is for a long wheelbase low mileage single axle 9200i International. We pull bottom dumps in our business. I have a Jancy Slugger magnetic drill and will bolt it on with flange bolts. Our trailers are long enough that all it takes is a 160" wheel base tractor to make the 51' bridge law. Low mileage single axles can be bought really cheap and we can make the conversion in a day or so. I fell in love with the massive chrome grille on those models of GMC when I was a 20 year old kid in college and they still fascinate me.
http://picasaweb.google.com/crenwelgeoil/GMC55002#5513056183089104626