| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,477 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | hey weeds, just got my running board seals installed just a short time ago. I had cut so much metal under mine I had to redrill the holes in the metal. Originally "screws" held it in place but since I had to redrill holes I used 1/4" bolrs.
Tim is right on about the seals just touching or hanging just inside the running board. I had one that was just a "tat" high but it turned out OK. The only thing I can say is don't cut it to short. If you cut it to short it'll leave a little "gap" back at the rear fender that you can see daylight through. I wish I had cut mine about 1" longer then trimed it closer if I needed when I got it bolted down.....did you save your old metal pieces that go on top and hold it down? I bought mine but the vendor only sent me two pieces as if it was a pickup....or maybe thats what I actually ordered....so I made the other two.
Let us know how it comes out. Good luck. | | |
| |
| |