I know these numbers are a 1954 235. I believe this is a full pressure engine as it does not have the capilary tube on the drivers side that feeds the head with oil. I have the connecting rods and crank out and I don't see anything that looks like a babbit(of course I don't really knwo what a babbit looks like)
It has solid lifters and a short side panel.

I akm not sure what I will do as I am thinking i woudl like ot keep the truck original but I would like a more drivable ride.

I will likely rebuild this over time and install it keeping the original 216 babbit pounder in mothballs in case the day comes that I need it to be all original again. (I kept my old center chuck when I upgraded that to 4:10)

I am told there are not that many original 216's left in these old trucks. Don't know if that is true or not.

Rich


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53