Ken, I picked up the MMO on my way home today, so putting that in is going to be next... sorry about the choice of the word magic... I was reffering to the sinking feeling I have that the connecting rod is hitting the cam lobe, and that cleaning the varnish and carbon will be great, but wont fix my engine if my cam has slipped.

Builder, I dont have anything nasty taken apart yet... rocker arm cover, and oil pan, and fuel pump is off, nothing else yet.

I'll confirm if I have a cam/rod interference issue before I pull the front end off to look at the timing chain and gears.

And if I cant find a cam or bearing issue from the bottom, then I may take the rocker arm off, take all valve/tappet/lifter movement out of the equation (without getting into a complicated dissasembly) and see if the noise still occurs...

That will give the MMO at least a few days or more to soak.

I'm going to squirt it into the cylinders through the spark plug holes. Is that right? A couple ounces in each cylinder? Will it wick it's way up to the valves?

Last edited by MacX; 08/20/2010 3:53 AM.

1953 Chevy 3100
Father and Son project
In the Stovebolt Gallery
46 GMC 303 1.5T