I replaced my recored original radiator this last fall. It was recored back in 2000 and every year I would have to pull it out and reseal the top tank. It had very thin brass tanks that flexed each time it heated up. It would take about a year to cack the solder joint. Counting the first rebuild, and one repair, I could have bought a new one. The new one is aluminum and works great. It holds 14psi just fine, truck runs cooler then ever, and I don't have to worry about pulling it back out! Its a real treat pulling a radiator in a '37, so I hope this was the last time.
I bought a Afco brand radiator. One other thing, since I had to reroute the lower hose, the whole coolant system holds 1 gallon more then the old system did, I guess the longer hose and thick core is where its all at.
Joe
Thanks for purchasing an AFCO radiator.I have worked at AFCO for about 13 years building suspension parts.I dont work in the radiator department but those guys do great work.Keep in mind if you need a radiator and dont see it in the book just give them a call.They have a build sheet they can fax you and you can design what you need and fax it back for a quote.I have seen some really wild stuff built there for customs.
Jeremy