| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,084 Posts1,056,334 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ...if you don't have a socket that will fit the seal diameter I have used a block of wood. I'm lucky as I have a set of seal/race drivers that I purchased years ago. I think they are still availble at a lot of stores for around 20 bucks for the simply smaller ones. As George said, its sort of hard to clean out the housing but depending on where its sitting you may decide to put something like purple power in the housing and even pull a rag down through the housing since you have the axles out. I honestly cleaned mine out with a degreaser and then stuck the water hose in it and washed it out...then pulled the rags through it and let it air dry in the hot sun for a day. Then lube it up good!! | | |
| |
| |