Okay -
Got the kit, installed new gaskets, needle and seat, adjusted float and what few other things needed to be done. The TB and Choke shafts felt tight - no appreciable slop. I *know* I did a good job because I had parts left over! :-)
After install, the engine fired up and ran on the first crank. I choked it some, it stumbled and then sped up a bit, ran pretty much okay. It had an odd "chuffing" out the tailpipe and a slight unevenness across the throttle range - it had it before I worked on the carb as well.
Anyway, I adjusted the idle mixture screw, it didn't seem to have much of an affect until it was nearly closed or out by several turns. It ended up being turned out about 2+ turns. The engine smoothed out some, but not in a dramatic way.
Also, The truck still has a bit of a flat spot just above a fast idle. I don't have a tach, but my SWAG is at about ~1,2-1,500 rpm. I suspect it's timing, and I haven't yet done a tune up on the beast. Anything I should look for?
So, I've taken care of the first two problems - a knackered fuel pump and a leaky accelerator pump. I am hoping I'll finally get to drive "Matilda" home without any drama.
I'd appreciate any feedback all y'all want to give me on things...
John
Late 47 1 ton - "Matilda"