Folks -
The latest saga on the 47 - Fuel pump replaced, gas tank clean (very surprised!) after dragging it back to FILs after an ignominious maiden voyage. It was apparent that I had a really bad leak of *something*... After replacing the fuel pump and starting the engine, fuel was leaking out the bottom of the accelerator pump thingie. I ordered and just rec'd a carb OH kit, and was wondering if there was anything I should look out for in particular. I've done carbs before, but it has, ahem, been a while.
I did have the carb off earlier, just to check out the bowl - clean as a whistle. The float was set WAY too high, and I corrected that, but didn't touch or disassemble the rest of the carb, other than what was needed to get the air horn/float assy off.
If any of you have any remarks, I'd sure like your input. I am pretty sure the engine is from a 60-62 era truck.
TIA,
John