I got the carb back and after the new shaft $35.00 and $45.00 for the rebuild kit and another $40.00 for media blasting and labor. for a total of $130.00 The carb is now done!

I think that is the most I have ever paid for a Carb rebuild but, then again. I tend not to require new shafts.

Today is Saturday and I got the new plugs in and wires. Jim Carter sent me some wrong parts such as the Dist. Cap and Rotor and the wrong Lower Rat. Hose. SO, I will call them on monday.

The orig. cap still looks ok, So for now I just cleaned it up.
I hope he has the correct parts or my local old time parts house should have it in stock. Being I had ordered other parts. I figured I would add them to the list.

So, those items did not get put in but, were in good shape anyway.

I will get the fuel pump rebuilt tonight or on Sunday. My hoses don't look bad. for the Radiator but, I will still replace them.

The starter is now in and Hooked up.

I hope that I can get the Carb put in the truck on Sunday as well.

someone had told me they were parting out a GMC Coe and Has the complete air intake for me but, I have not heard from him on the price etc. to complete the sale.

So, I picked up a mini air cleaner from the local parts house till that problem can be fixed.

I called and got a price to rebuild the brake booster for under $100.00 from one of my suppliers. It is only a one day turn around.

Again, my goal is to get this truck to the Northeast Chevy Gmc Truck Show on the 31st of this month. So, Far it is looking good as long as There is no major issues along the way..

I will try to take some pictures and create a page on my website for this project so you all can take a look at the stages.


Poets Seat Auto
Appraisals, Parts, Service
Past: General Motor's Master Technician
Member: Northeast Chevy/GMC Truck Club
Phone Number: 413.774.5856
Collector of: 1951 Army Chevy Burb barn door,53 GMC COE,two 1934 Chevy Truck,1935 Chevy Army Truck.1950 Gmc Suburban clamshell these are just my chevy/gmc trucks.