... this post is from Mac's dad, Keith:

If the dash was already cut by a PO to fit the POTs of an aftermarket radio, is it a sin to cut it a little more?

A little more context... At the present time, I have no intentions of spending the money and time to do a pristine restore... A daily driver/worker that is fun is what we are trying for... But, if someday we did want to restore this dash to original by welding in a patch, would it make any difference if the cutouts were enlarged, about the size of the white boxes in this picture...

I'm not a welder, (and wouldnt do the welding my self), and I havent seen what the patch panels look like...

My instincts tell me that cutting more is not worse than it already is, so why not take the cheap and easy way out now, to fit in the new radio & cover up the butcher job from the PO...


1953 Chevy 3100
Father and Son project
In the Stovebolt Gallery
46 GMC 303 1.5T