| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,558 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#66072 09/19/2006 11:23 PM | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | ext44,
I hope your pan gasket fixes the problem.
With all the activity of drilling and tapping and whatever on the timing cover, I can't help but think the plate has been compromised.
There is suppose to be a gasket between the plate and the block. I would be 150% sure this area was perfect when I had the pan off.
Make sure the timing cover was installed properly. The 'centered seal' is the reference location for the cover before it is bolted down.
Oil can sneak down a surface and give you the impression it is coming from somewhere else.
Stuart | | |
| |
| |