I still have an oil leak at the front of my rebuilt 235. I got a bit upset about the lousy job but took some good advice from "atomarc" & towed it back to my "mechanic".
I watched & helped with redoing the work.
He did not rebuild the motor I ordered it from Thunderbolt in Houston in December of 2004 his job was to install it.
It was leaking a lot from the bottom of the Timing Cover so we pulled it and re-tapped the lower holes for 10x1.5 mm bolts they had been put in from the outside with out being tapped for outside bolts.
I never said this guy understood what he was doing, I just love him but he is a young guy that is a good parts changer on late model vehicles.
So the Timing cover is back on & done right according every thread I found in the forum & It does not leak.
It was also leaking down the back side of the plate near the bottom of the front horse shoe of the pan. That location is hard to see if it is a pan leak or a leak behind the plate. I know to hope it is not the plate.
So we pulled the pan & took a chance on lots of red Permitex rather than waiting several days on a new gasket set. Well it still leaks the same amount in the same place.
The new gasket set will be here Tues or Wed we will pull the pan and install the new gasket set. ( And inspect the plate with the pan off for cracks ect. )
Does anyone have any advice on what else we can do? I have read every oil leak thread on the Forum.
Thanks, Kelly
53 3100
http://www.cravy.com/53-3100/LadyAfterRats.jpg