Checked everything when I had this issue before, starter, grounds, wiring (all new harness), battery (load test). The problem started with the pretronix but has been solved for sometime. It was a faulty ground. Apparently the pertronics requires a full 6V or it does nothing.

I think the generator has ben failing and dropping the charge in the battery. It reached the fail point the morning of the parade then became evident later in the destroyed bushing.

I have a local guy who will replace the bushing but I am buying a rebuilt generator from classic parts. I figure if the bushing is gone what will be next. I really like driving this truck and trust it more each day. These setbacks although minor are disappointing.

The generator shop guy told me it was probably not the oil issue just a worn bushing. He says they don't require much oil which is what I thought. or maybe he's trying ot make me feel better.

Thanks for the advice and the support guys.
Rich


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53