Not sure where to post this.
I had a little trouble getting the truck to start on Sunday before the Parade. After the parade I drove home and the engine started ot make a whining noise.

I localized it to the generator. Apparently the rear oil journal was blocked and the bushing was starved for oil. It is scored up pretty bad. I cleaned it up a little and cleaned out the oil journal but it still whines and the oil just leaks out.

I think the hard start was related to the loss of juice form a dragging generator. (see previous posts regarding power to pertronics ignition)

I have ordered a rebuilt gen from classic parts but I don't think it will be here in time...I have my first show on July 11.

Any suggestions on how to fix this so I can drive to the show. The bushing is junk and can probably be replaced but the conditon of the shaft is questionable. Also is there a seal that I burned up...What keeps the oil in the bushing???

Thanks for any help
Rich


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53