I keep meaning to get ahold of you on this stuff.
Been swamped.
Anyway -
Here is the question I have today:
Interiors:
ANyone have some pictures of original Ambulances? Especially military equipment?
GOOD PICTURE OF A 1953 GMC ARMY AMBULANCE "BEFORE".
(LOOKS JUST LIKE THE 1952 I AM LOOKING AT, BUT MORE COMPLETE...EVEN HAD A BRACKET IN THE FLOOR, THAT HE SAYS HE REMOVED...FOR THE "GURNEY":
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=325747&d=1182822607 I am working on posting some pictures of the one I am looking at (it's a 1952 GMC like the 1953 in the link).
I forgot you cannot post them on this site. You have to out them in photobucket or something, then put LINKS in the posting.
I don’t use those, so I am setting one up.
I should post pics, because I don’t think what I am asking ios clear on some stuff, without showing you what I mean.
When I said, “roof vent”, I got the “that must be aftermarket” response.
No…it’s original.
But “roof vent” does conjure up images of an old RV crank-up vent. So I don’t blame you for that response, but come on…I don’t mean add-on junk! I’ll try to post pics via links soon.
I knew this was an original feature, and assumed it was some kind of fan on the inside of it (even early pre-1968 Vw Busses had one type of ventilation that came in above the windshield on regular Type 2s, and another set-up called an “ambulance fan” for drawing out old air through the top…on ambulance models. (can’t imagine it helped the injured too much!).
I had not seen another like it, though in Suburbans of these years. The guy on the Jalopy Jouirnal who had built a custom out of the 1953 GMC Army ambulance…his has the same thing on the roof. He said it was for a fan, but I guess his was gone, too.
Q=Anyone else have pictures of one?