At the local Sears store about 3 miles from where I live,they employ a guy who repairs the tools brought in by customers,mainly ratchets,and he does a darn good job on them.A lot of the tools,end wreches,etc. are not repairable and they go in the scrap bin.So if you turn in a ratchet you will recieve a rebuilt one,course on the other hand if you turn in an end wrench you will recieve a brand new one. I still have the basic set of Craftsman tools I bought in 1957,I have used and abused them,to the extent of using a cheater on the ratchets,and they are still going strong.Course I take good care of my tools and I know where they are at at all times.When I first bought that set in 1957 a freind wanted to borrow them to work on his car. I let him use them and that was the first and last time I loaned them out.I have no idea,how he broke 3 or 4 pieces,but he did,and thank God for the replacement policy at Sears.By the way that original set was on sale for $39.95
Last edited by dale937; 04/12/2010 8:14 PM.