Howdy folks, I just bought my first old truck a few nights back off of Craigslist. It is a 1 owner 1962 Chevy C10. It was bought new here in North Texas with the big back window and AC.
I have been looking for a older truck with a killer patina to use as a grocery getter and something fun to wrench on with Spring & Summer right around the corner.
She had been driven here and there but never too far from home and had not been on the freeway in over 10 years. After paying the owner $1000 and him handing over the title and all the paperwork I jumped in her and headed home. She ran 65MPH for 80 miles back to my house with out a puff of smoke or any kind of problem. She was tagged and inspected but just rarely driven.
I have plans to change the leaky main seal, work on the AC, move the shifter to the floor, install new wood in the bed, and drop her several inches to give her a better stance. I have a buddy who does custom air brush work and he is coming over next week to paint "Jim's Hot Rod Shop" on the doors all vintage looking. He's going to make it look like it had been on there for 50 years. He does great work!!
Anyhow, just thought I would say hello and I look forward to picking your brains with issues that come along. Thank you in advance!!
Jim ~ Fort Worth, TX
[IMG]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/texas_campers/62C10006.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/texas_campers/62C10001.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/texas_campers/62C10002.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/texas_campers/62C10003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/texas_campers/62C10004.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/texas_campers/62C10005.jpg[/IMG]