| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,717 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 79 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 79 | I'm replacing the rear main on my '57 sedan with the original 235. All the parts stores around here (NAPA, Advanced Auto, Autozone) tell me that the replacement is a rubber seal. I've read discussion on this board that say my rear main is not machined for a rubber seal. Any advise? If I install the felpro rubber seal, will it leak? Can I install it without removing the crank like you can do with the rope seal? Or should I hold off and try to find the rope seal somewhere else? Many Thanks! | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Rear Main Seal - Rope or Rubber?
| smokinjoe3 | 03/26/2010 4:17 PM | |
| |
| |