I guess buying a new one is by far the best option, but shipping will kill me, I rather spend that money on other parts. The tanks is perfect on the outside, no one sign of rust, well the interior on the other hand, trust me, a chain will not work. I was asking about the options becaus a work on a steel structure fabrication facilitiy so its easy for me to crack open (I will not use oxyfuel or grinder, a Sawzall will do the trick with no sparks), clean it to a smooth finish, re-weld and now I have obtion D) hot dip galvanizing (I have a couple of suppliers that I think, can do the job). If D) is not an option, and Red-kote is not found down here, (it's not easy bringing liquid stuff via air delivery and ship might take forever, and probably be classified also as dangerous cargo, bla, bla, bla, been there, done that), does leaving it unprotected will last if tank is kept full or inconstant use? (I have the same issue with the 1st gen Honda I was talking about). Any other tank preps solutions, so I have a wider choice to look for here, other than Red Kote?
Thanks