I've finally got my '57 3600 dump bed cleaned up enough that I can put up some pics.

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/100_6946.jpg
Front 3/4 view

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/100_6948.jpg
Rear view

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/100_6949.jpg
Got the engine partially cleaned up, replaced some ugly stock tin and air cleaner.
Also removed the mechanical fan, put on headers.
You may notice a fuse block and relays added to the fire-wall, the electrical system is well protected.
Nothing gets power unless the key is on.

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/100_6950.jpg
This is my electric fan set-up.
It started as a kit intended for a modern car from Summit Racing.
I turned the fan shroud side-ways, made some brackets and used the original radiator mount bolts to hold it in place.
It fits like it was made for the truck!

Got this '57 just before I signed up here.

It will remain mostly stock, except for the drive train, which was changed to a V8 before I got it.

My '57 had been abused and let sit, but at least it did not rust here in Nevada.

Came to me with a 350 already in it.
Turns out to be a 1969 Heigh-Perf. 4V car engine, rated at 270 HP, it appears to have been rebuilt.
Compression is pretty high in all cylinders, high enough that I suspect some 10.5-1 or even 11-1 pistons are in it.
I threw out the stock intake and quadra-puke carb.
Put a new Edelbrock performer RPM and 650 CFM carb with electric choke in it's place.

The old cast iron exhaust were cracked, I had a nice set of block huggers laying around and they fit pretty well with just a hint of a dimple required to clear the steering box.

Eventually I think I am going to put in a five speed OD trans, I need to be able to make long trips.

I finally got turn signals, brake lights, dash lights and ALTERNATOR/Amp gauge working properly.
Now I just need for my Cibie E series halogen lights with the "City Light" option to show up!
The City lights will be wired to the old parking light circuit, the old parking lights are now my front turn signals.

Today's major task was removing over 600 lb. of diamond plate steel from the bed!
The entire bed had been welded over, a "Headache rack", wider and taller than the cab, with a tiny little window opening, made the truck impossible to back up safely.

This was originally a dually truck, I changed out the front hubs to single and rebuilt the brakes.
I'm running a fat single rear tire.

I tried the dump bed today, IT WORKS!
Power up, but just a bleed for down.

Still have to replace ALL the glass, but she's nearly ready to drive.

Last edited by J Lucas; 04/13/2010 4:22 AM.

1957 Chevy 3600

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!