Now you have me confused. Yes OldSub, I'm the guy with the 'mater, as in To-mater. I'm fine with the idea of having a salad of parts on the truck. I just want to identify different component, in case I need a change. For example, the idea of finding out if it is a 3/4 or 1/2 is knowing if the rear transmission is 4.57 or 4.11. I would like (in its due time) to be able to change that to a highway friendly ratio. I've read that a 4.57 might take a 62 Suburban transmission to become a 4.11, and a 4.11 1/2 ton, go with Patrick and make it a 3.55. Do you follow where I'm getting? Same is with the engine, just want to make sure to buy what its right for it, so thats why I need to identify, if not the year, the CID. Being not form the States, we have a very limited, if not closed to inexistent supply of old trucks. Maybe the guys who assempled the truck made it tastefully, but not necessarily right. Since I'm buying mostly from the US, I need to get my parts right, no chance for an easy devolution. Sorry for the long testament, buy I'm close to dispair. You guys have been of great help, but I guess I'm still a long way to go. Of course, happy to do it.