| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,510 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#62394 06/29/2006 4:49 PM | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 | I took the 216 to the machine shop and learned about babbit bearings. Very interesting stuff but a lot time consuming to rebuild. The idea is to machine the rods to accept inserts, and my machinest tells me that someone must have had this engine gone through before the car was made into a street rod. There is no wear in the cyl.'s and it has been bored 30 over. I still need info on weather or not the starter pedal rod and bellhousing are the same on the car as the truck? Are there any other differances from a truck engine to a car engine for 1941? Where do I find the intake manifold sleves for centering and sealing the manifold? That all I can think of for now, I am sure i'll need more. James
I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson" | | |
| |
| |