AFAIK = As Far As I Know
There were two different 235's, one was a babbit pounder, and the other was a full pressure oiler.
The babbit pounder was made from 1939 (I think) through 1952. The other was made from 1953 through 1962 -- IINM. (If I'm Not Mistaken)
RE: the FLAPS
They might. If they do, check out the various online vendors. They all have phone numbers for ordering with a real person, if ordering online makes you queasy.
http://www.americanclassic.com http://www.oldchevytrucks.biz http://www.chevsofthe40s.com American Classic sponsors this site, and most of us go there first and check to see if they've got what we need. Sometimes, on the parts for the bigger trucks (3/4 and up), they don't carry the parts that we need, so we have to go and check out the other two.
The middle one is Jim Carter's Classic Truck Parts. They've always been good to me, even if they are a little busy. They seem to be a bit understaffed in the order taking department, so there's usually a little bit of a wait, but once you do get through, they're usually able to help you.
I've had no complaints about Chevs of the 40s, either.