Ok you bunch of Winter Pansies, I gotta tell you all about this. I stopped over to Pete's (pete52) to have lunch with him a couple of weeks ago. He was, as he has been most of the winter, out in the garage, with the big door open and no heater just working away as happy as a lark in his Sorel’s and a pair of gloves with the finger tips cut off so he could feel his way around the icicles. He was showing me what he'd been up to recently and after about a half hour on the concrete me feets were bout froze solid and I couldn’t feel tell whether my fingers were moving or not. Well I finally pried him away and off to lunch we went, great old BBQ joint but it took me half way thru my sandwich to thaw out and get my glasses unfogged, by the way Pete, thanks for lunch.
Pete also started on his ’52 last March if I understand him correctly. He’s done a frame off restoration mostly by himself and he’s just about ready to get her on the road. She’s been all redone with new paint, new glass and everything and most of the reassembly has taken place out in the coooooold, cold garage this winter. Now that’s what I call devotion, I only wish I had that much enthusiasm. I’m dragging into the forth year and I’m not a tenth as close to being done as he is. Maybe I should quite BS’n on the Bolt and spend more time out in the coooooold, cold garage!!!!!
Great job your doing there Peter, we gotta do lunch again sometime, WHEN THE WEATHER WARMS UP!!!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 02/01/2010 12:58 AM.