| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Eileen),
271
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,181 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 | I stuck with an original grille. I bought and sold 5-6 grilles before I found one that needed little work. I found a painted NOS upper grille. I pretty much broke even on all of the buying and selling I did. All said & done I spent $27 for the upper and lower and then spent $900 for "show chrome" (the sides of the grille bars are equally as brilliant as the tops/fronts). Yes it was a bit more than a reproduction but I have also seen them and there is no comparison in the quality. Here's a photo of the front of the truck at a show last summer. Good view of the original grille.
Last edited by Sheridan; 01/30/2010 9:10 PM.
Tim Sheridan 1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it. In the Gallery | | |
| |
| |