| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,321 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I think you are headed in the right direction, but would suggest one caution.
The stock type wheels are designed for drum brakes and won't clear disk calipers. While you are planning custom wheels to look stock, you will need to modify the stock width and/or offset to make sure your fronts (and backs?) clear the calipers.
Some years ago I put the open rear from a Chevelle under mine and put a 5-lug disk kit on the front. I run Cragar mags so I didn't have the same challenge as you do, but I'm real happy with the way mine drives today.
My response to those who complain that I've modified an old stock truck is that I've kept another one on the road thus preserving it for the future. It may not be stock but most people can't tell or don't know and they appreciate other old trucks after being introduced to mine.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |