| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,321 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 6 | I was wanting some opinions before I decided to pull the trigger and purchase some new wheels for my 53 3100 p/u. Basically my truck has all the original drivetrain and I am in the process of collecting parts to make the changes to make it more driver friendly. I know some of the purests would say "leave it" but I want to actually drive this truck not show it. I am swapping out the 3spd on the collumn for a s-10 T5 and the original rearend and torque tube for a 89 firebird rearend. Once the rearend is in I will obviously have 5x4 3/4 pattern in the rear and I want the front to match, So I would also like to do a disc brake conversion for the front while I am at it....so I will not beable to use my original wheels. I want to keep the original "look" of the truck and have been doing some searching for aftermarket wheels that closely resemble the factory wheel but provide the 5x4 3/4 pattern. From research done on this site I have gathered that the original 16" wheels are 4 1/2" wide with a 3 1/2" back spacing. Rally America has a wheel that is 16" x 4 1/2" wide with a 3" backspace. Do you guys think this will be a pretty straight forward swap and also give me the clearence upfront for the disc brake conversion? I also wanted to stay as close to original on the wheel size because I have brand new bias-ply tires on the truck with virtually zero miles of wear. I figure that I could mount them on the new rims, use them for awhile and later down the road swap them out for a set of LT 215/85/r16 radials. Let me know what you all think... am I going in the right direction?!
na
| | |
| |
| |