| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible),
110
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#60894 05/25/2006 8:58 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 627 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 627 | Thanks for the reply. Let me add more info then rephrase my questions. ********** Here is a fact followed by some assumptions: There is more lift with a 261 cam and therefore I am assuming the 261 push rods should be longer than 235 push rods. The rocker arms are probably different since there will be be more travel, and the 261 springs might need to be longer and/or stiffer than for a 235. ********** My current situation is as follows: I have 261 push rods and 235 push rods. I should have measured them, but they look identical.
I have the complete 235 rocker assy. I do not have any 261 rocker assy parts at all.
I bought my block already fully assembled. It is a stock block all the way through bored .03". everything is new "stock" parts except it has reground original 261 cam, crank, and lifters.
I'll be installing W-1 carbs on a 2x1 intake and running with fentons.
I have no plans to install a new cam.
I've already spent enough to pay cash for a new pickup!!! ********** Now for the questions: Should I use the 235 or the 261 push rods? Can I use the 235 rocker arms and springs or is it mandatory to buy something?
Mike Barnes 1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| 50GMC253 | 05/25/2006 1:41 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| NM51 | 05/25/2006 5:49 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| 50GMC253 | 05/25/2006 8:58 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| NM51 | 05/26/2006 3:51 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| JiMerit Boltr#43 | 05/26/2006 3:57 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| Greg_H | 05/26/2006 11:29 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| 50GMC253 | 05/30/2006 1:14 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| NM51 | 05/30/2006 10:02 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| Greg_H | 05/31/2006 1:05 AM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| 50GMC253 | 05/31/2006 3:48 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| tclederman | 05/31/2006 4:26 PM |
Re: 848 -> 261: rockers, springs, pushrods
| Greg_H | 06/01/2006 1:52 AM | |
| |
| |