As long as they're both for 283 engines, chances are they will interchange. If you've got the tag numbers from both carburetors, I can probably research any differences in my shop library when I get to school on Monday. Once a Rochester loses the triangular sheet metal tag that's supposed to be under one of the bowl cover screws, it can be very difficult to identify what it's supposed to fit. Some of the later-model carbs will have a number stamped into the main housing, but I don't remember what year they began to do that.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!